UPDATE over a db_link

From: Zimm1 <michelle(dot)zimmerman(at)nakedwines(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UPDATE over a db_link
Date: 2009-11-05 10:21:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I would like to update a table in remote database A from database B, via a
db_link.

(There is no db_link from A to B, so I cannot perform the update within A,
it has to be from within B db_linking to A. (Hope that makes sense)).

Does anyone know whether this is possible and if give me a rough idea of the
syntax?

Many Thanks