Re: OS X installation with readline support

From: Jim Rosenberg <jr(at)amanue(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: culley harrelson <culley(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
Subject: Re: OS X installation with readline support
Date: 2003-07-14 02:48:55
Lists: pgsql-general

--On Sunday, July 13, 2003 4:22 PM -0700 culley harrelson
<culley(at)fastmail(dot)fm> wrote:

> It looks like some of you out there have successfully installed
> postgresql on OS X with readline support. I have installed readline via
> Fink but the compiler can't find it. How do I tell it where to look?

Check out the distribution at

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/

It does come with readline.

I'm sure there are those who think highly of Fink, but I have to say that
-- speaking personally -- I was seriously grossed out that they expected me
to be root just to download something.