Re: Huge archive log generate in Postgresql-13

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala(dot)mladen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Huge archive log generate in Postgresql-13
Date: 2022-04-18 11:43:39
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On 4/18/22 07:34, Ram Pratap Maurya wrote:

> Hi Support,
>
> We have upgraded postgresql DB from version 11 to 13 .  after upgrade
> to 13  huge archive log generate in system .
>
> Before upgrade  per day 120GB to 150 GB log generated but after
> upgrade per day approx. 250 to 300 GB log generated.
>
> Can you please suggest why huge archive log generated after upgrade
>  there any configure setting or this is Postgresql-13 behaviour.
>
> Postgresql-13 Postgresql conf file attached for your references.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ram Pratap.

Have you checked what's in those WAL archives? You can do that with
pg_waldump. My guess would be that your vacuum is probably more active
than in the version 11. However, that's just a guess. You can also turn
on WAL compression. Be aware that compression will reduce disk
consumption at the expense of CPU consumption.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant