Oracle to Postgres conversion suggestions?

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Oracle to Postgres conversion suggestions?
Date: 2017-03-10 08:42:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I've been asked to help with one of these. I'm a bit wary, as I'm
thinking this is actually a really high risk endeavor. Any thoughts on
toolkits that might make this easy?

details:

- db size approx 5TB

- blob and (Oracle) spatial datatypes involved

- conversion and heterogeneous replication solutions needed

Currently looking at Amazon schema conversion/data migration services
but wondering if there are known good solutions out there!

Cheers

Mark