Re: false No rows returned error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jim Martinez <jjm(at)bigbigorg(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: false No rows returned error
Date: 2002-03-23 17:13:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jim Martinez <jjm(at)bigbigorg(dot)org> writes:
> I am getting a No rows returned error from a php script when there are
> rows.

I don't think so ...

> // script dies here (line 36), falling to the exit clause.
> // A warning is printed also :
> // Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid
> // PostgreSQL result resource

I think that warning is what to pay attention to, and not the fact
that your script falls over when pg_numrows then chooses to return 0.

I don't know enough about PHP to know what you did wrong, but apparently
$res does not contain the kind of object pg_numrows expects. I think
it's a PHP problem, not an SQL issue at all.