Re: array issue....

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chris Bowlby <excalibur(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Len Morgan <len-morgan(at)crcom(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: array issue....
Date: 2002-09-19 14:43:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris Bowlby <excalibur(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> I forgot to paste the actual query... :(..
> delete from account_info where contact_id = 242;
> is the query, and I'm not even using the column that is of type array[]....

I'll bet you set up a misconceived foreign-key constraint on the column
that is of type array[] ... and that you are running an old version,
else it would have rejected the foreign key constraint. Before about
7.1 (or was it 7.2?) the system didn't notice a type mismatch between
referenced and referencing columns until you actually did something that
would fire a foreign-key constraint check.

You'll need to drop the foreign key constraint, which in those older
versions means finding and dropping the three triggers that implement
it. I think there's a recipe for this on the techdocs website.