Re: Installing the man pages

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing the man pages
Date: 2000-07-12 23:46:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"G. Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu> writes:
> Is there someway that I can specify this directory for the man pages
> (e.g. is there some option I can set for the 'gmake install' to
> tell it that Postgres is installed in a different directory than the
> default) ?

IIRC the makefile for the docs expects you to have done a configure over
in the src directory, and it's looking there for an override on the
default install dir. Go back and run configure (needn't build) with the
right --prefix.

I think Peter E. is making this cleaner for 7.1, but that's how it
worked last time I looked.