Where pg saves the next OID?

From: Nelson Gonzaga <ngonzaga(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Where pg saves the next OID?
Date: 2009-08-05 11:13:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,
Where postgresql saves the next OID to be used in any record?

I need to read it and use in a temporary field (unique) until the user put the correct value, I don't want to use sequences because only a few records it will be used.
Now I'm using the current_time function to do it.

tks,
Nelson Gonzaga

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com