Re: New installation of 8.0 Beta1 Failed to create process for initdb: 1385

From: "Chris Means" <cmeans(at)intfar(dot)com>
To: "'Mike G'" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New installation of 8.0 Beta1 Failed to create process for initdb: 1385
Date: 2004-08-11 04:58:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Mike,

Thanks for the response:

I'm confident that I have administrative rights, but to be sure that that
wasn't the issue, I logged in as the Administrator, and received exactly the
same error.

FYI: The "NT Service" userid "postgres" wasn't removed during the rollback,
so future installs failed early until I removed the previous configured user
id.

> > Are there log files anywhere for me to look at?
> Check the event viewer in windows.

Nothing additional there, just the same error message.

-Chris