FW: how many connections can i use????

From: "Edmundo Robles L(dot)" <erobles(at)sensacd(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: how many connections can i use????
Date: 2009-05-08 16:08:46
Lists: pgsql-general

"Edmundo Robles L." <erobles(at)sensacd(dot)com(dot)mx> writes:
> I have a problem with the number of connections on postgres 7.2.1,

-->egad ... the number of known bugs in that would curl your toes.
-->Think about an upgrade. Do more than just think about it.

yes, maybe the upgrade solve that problem, i will try
with another version and test it.

> I changed the parameters line of postmaster to "-N 128 -B 256" , "
> -N 256 -B 512", etc; even modified the max_connections and
> shared_buffers on postgresql.conf but i only got 100 connections :-(

-->You sure you restarted the postmaster?

Yes i sure!, each time i modified the parameter i restart the server :-)

> Operative system: SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

--> double egad (and a bit at odds with your sig...)

jeje :-) yes , this is because in my work we use SCO but personally i use ubuntu on my desktop pc and laptop.

Di NO a la pirateria, usa software libre.
Say NO to piracy, use free(dom) software.