about memory size reported by system.

From: "Edmundo Robles L(dot)" <erobles(at)sensacd(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: about memory size reported by system.
Date: 2011-03-09 16:42:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone!

I have a doubt about the memory consumed by each connection open.

suddenly my server, running postgres 8.3.11, began to run too slowly.

Checking the process with: ps -adelfo pcpu,vsz,args | more

The processes,related to the connection to the db, each one have a consume of memory near to the 50Mb. by the way i have 50 connections to the db, so i have a reported memory consumed of 2.5M, when i have only 1G in the server.

If I modify the shared_buffers value, the report of memory consumed is according with shared buffers value.

Should I worry by that?
There is a best way to tweak the memory consumed by postgres?

--
SENSA Control Digital.
Ing. Edmundo Robles Lopez.