Searching for byte values within a bytea field

From: db1981 <damiano(dot)bolzoni(at)securitymatters(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Searching for byte values within a bytea field
Date: 2009-08-30 19:15:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,
I got stuck with a problem. I have a table that stores binary content into a
bytea field. Now, I would like to be able to search for specific byte
sequences, such as '48545450' ('HTTP'). I can execute a "SELECT myfield FROM
mytable WHERE myfield LIKE '%HTTP%' ", but I cannot do the same when looking
for byte values...

Thanks for helping!