Re: pgsql: Move strtoint() to common

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Move strtoint() to common
Date: 2018-03-14 15:23:35
Lists: pgsql-committers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> I think the problem is rather that we somehow need to tell it to link
> src/common/string.c into pgtypeslib.

Yeah, that's what I supposed.

Looking at pgtypeslib, there's already infrastructure for collecting
stuff from src/port/, and I see you added some for src/common/ in
its Makefile, but evidently not in the MSVC scripts. It looks like
the way the MSVC build works now is dependent on @pgportfiles.

You could invent parallel infrastructure for src/common/, but I wonder
whether the path of least resistance might not be to put strtoint()
into src/port/ instead.