Re: XX000: unknown type of jsonb container.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Poot, Bas (B(dot)J(dot))" <bas(dot)poot(at)politie(dot)nl>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: XX000: unknown type of jsonb container.
Date: 2021-05-31 00:59:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote:
> I'm not sure about creating a test case. The case reported here is
> far too expensive to use in the regression tests.

Ah, we can do it in select_parallel, which reduces all the parallel
costs to zero to favor these sorts of plans.

This test case only fails back to v13, as does the original example.
I suspect we should back-patch the code change further though,
since create_projection_plan will be just as confused by such cases
in earlier branches.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove-redundant-ProjectionPath-2.patch text/x-diff 3.3 KB