Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only

From: Linreg <linreg(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Date: 2013-09-10 09:45:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello Dave,

+ move pgagent schema in separat database (better access rights...) this
need a patch for pgadmin

> That's very unlikely to be accepted - we intentionally use the
> maintenance database for that, rather than forcing the user to use a
> different one.

I regard the postgres database as a system-table-database, not as a maintenance
database. Is this a wrong reflection?

And would you prefer user postgres as standard pgAgent-user?
I think an normal user is better. Better for give explicit access rights

My concept is similar to the job scheduler from MS-SQL server.

+ file_fdw configuration to show logfile-entrys over a sql view

> OK, well that explains the CSV format above, but of course, this will
> only work if the agent is known to be on the same host. At present, we
> don't know that.

Yes, i understand. Maybe this could be an Addon.
I think, in the most cases the agent and the server are on same host.

okay.
When i have adapted the source code. How and Where do I deploy it.

Thomas Steffen
- Software Developer and engineer for electric technology
- C/C++, Perl, VBA and many more