Re: @(#) Mordred Labs advisory 0x0001: Buffer overflow in

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "Vince Vielhaber" <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: @(#) Mordred Labs advisory 0x0001: Buffer overflow in
Date: 2002-08-21 16:18:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at> writes:
> In my paper I use C functions that take "any tuple".
> I do not yet see how I can do that without opaque if we don't
> have a "row" but only a "trigger" type.

For that you would have to use "any", at the moment. This would give
you the same amount of type safety you have with "opaque", ie, none.

We could talk about adding more pseudotypes that are geared to
requirements not existing in the standard set of functions ...
but I'm going to concentrate on those first.