PostgreSQL db

From: Amit Sharma <asharma(at)verts(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL db
Date: 2014-06-11 13:23:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Hope I am not bothering you by sending this email. I had some query regarding Postgres & while doing research online I got your reference. We are using OpenERP an opensource ERP system. For one installation it require that there will be 3000 simultaneous users accessing OpenERP server, hence same requests will come to PostgreSQL server. And daily 500,000 (Half million)records will be added that means 15,000,000 (15 Million) a month.

Can Postgres handle 3000 simultaneous requests and handled 15million records addition month on month basis. With this growth can Postgresql handle the volume for next 10 years or so? Any recommendation on Server configuration; we will be using Amazon Cloud.

Thanks
Amit

---