Re: unknown type name ‘pg_int64’

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unknown type name ‘pg_int64’
Date: 2014-06-11 18:35:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com> writes:
> I am getting the error following errors trying to install pg_repack via
> pgxn on Ubuntu server 12.04.4 with all PostgreSQL packages from pgdg:
> /usr/include/postgresql/libpq-fe.h:547:1: error: unknown type name
> pg_int64

That type name ought to be defined in postgres_ext.h, if it's of a similar
vintage to libpq-fe.h. I suspect you have a mishmash of Postgres
installations of different releases and the compiler is managing to find
the wrong version of postgres_ext.h to go with the libpq-fe.h it's
finding.

> On that thread someone requested the output of "dpkg -l | grep postgres"
> so I'll preemptively post it here:
> [ lots of postgres 9.1 packages ]

Well, 9.1 didn't have pg_int64, but its libpq-fe.h didn't use that type
either. Whatever /usr/include/postgresql/libpq-fe.h is from, it's not
one of the packages you show here.