Re: Postgres 13 signal 11: Segmentation fault tested on 2 independent machines

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pinker <pinker(at)onet(dot)eu>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 13 signal 11: Segmentation fault tested on 2 independent machines
Date: 2020-10-19 00:00:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pinker <pinker(at)onet(dot)eu> writes:
> cast to text those 2 columns helped:
> sut.schemaname::TEXT, sut.relname::TEXT

Yeah, I was just concluding that something is failing to handle
the required implicit coercions from name to text. Haven't found
where yet, though I'm betting 913bbd88d overlooked something.

For the archives' sake, attached is an actual reproduction script,
hopefully without the multiple whitespace problems in the previous
messages.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
sql-fn-coercion-crash.sql text/plain 2.9 KB