Re: Question re privileges on extensions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: William Wagman <szwagman(at)ad3(dot)ucdavis(dot)edu>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question re privileges on extensions
Date: 2014-06-11 18:27:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

William Wagman <szwagman(at)ad3(dot)ucdavis(dot)edu> writes:
> The OEM plug-in sees everything but the sql information and the console
> displays a message indicating "pg_stat_statements status unknown, ensure
> data collection has occurred." I suspect that privileges on the
> pg_stat_statements extension is the issue.

There aren't really privileges associated with extensions. My first
guess is that you created the extension in a different database than
the one the plug-in client is connecting to.

If you're not clear on what exactly the plug-in is doing, you could
try cranking log_statement up to "all" so that you can see its activity in
the postmaster log. That might help diagnose what's going wrong.