Re: Can't find docs on Postgresql.conf

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't find docs on Postgresql.conf
Date: 2001-11-07 00:17:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

> The number of params and the length of identifiers are two things we
> should increase in 7.3.

> In TODO we now have:

> * Increase identifier length (NAMEDATALEN) if small performance hit
> * Increase maximum number of function parameters

We already *did* increase the standard max number of function
parameters, from 8 to 16, and that was just a couple or three versions
back. I don't recall hearing any groundswell of complaints to evidence
that very many people need it set higher.

NAMEDATALEN is a different story --- we do see complaints about that
fairly regularly.