Re: PG16 test packages?

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG16 test packages?
Date: 2023-04-16 11:58:08
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

On 4/16/23 14:41, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: David Steele
>> Is there an expected date when test packages for PG16 will be available?
>>
>> We are working on PG16 support for the May release of pgBackRest and would
>> prefer to use test packages (if they are available) rather than build from
>> source.
>
> Hi David,
>
> PG16 packages have already been around for some months, but they are
> in a separate archive area:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#Development_snapshots

Ah, thanks! Looks like that works.

I was using my code from last year updated for PG16:
https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/commit/20782c88bc8d0842d547bd5f4fecdb292e69d1f7#diff-8b97341571bc2625c64507d8d298aaa5dca8ceeb20754c7f164906e6ba44999dR508

> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ $(lsb_release -s
-c)-pgdg-testing main 16

Seems like -testing was available about this time last year since we
committed PG15 support on May 4. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
-David