Re: [HACKERS] Advice wanted on backend memory management

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Advice wanted on backend memory management
Date: 1999-05-05 14:01:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru> writes:
> Try to pfree chunks "by hand".

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid. That would basically mean
duplicating the logic that's in aset.c, which is pretty silly...

After some more looking around, it looks like I could create a
"portal" as is done in vacuum or spi. But portals seem to have
a heckuva lot of features that I don't understand the uses for.
Anyone have any comments or documentation about them?