Re: Explicitly skip TAP tests under Meson if disabled

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Explicitly skip TAP tests under Meson if disabled
Date: 2023-10-30 14:12:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com> writes:
> Personally I like the change. It makes the output more explicit. In my
> use cases not running TAP tests typically is not something I want . So
> I would appreciate being warned with a long list of bright yellow
> "SKIP" messages. If I really want to skip TAP tests these messages are
> just informative and don't bother me.

+1 for counting such tests as "skipped" in the summary. -1 for
emitting a message per skipped test. If I'm intentionally not
running those tests, that would be very annoying noise, and
potentially would obscure messages I actually need to see.

(And about -100 for emitting such messages in yellow. Doesn't
anybody who codes this stuff have a clue about vision problems?)