Re: world meaningful date time input

From: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: world meaningful date time input
Date: 2010-06-17 06:02:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Scott

That's basically what I'm planning on doing, and hopefully described. The server will only in 1-10 locations around the world, and I can't use the timezone of the servers anyway, nor the user's input device/browser/phone. The offset/timezone has to be the one for the geographical location of the datum.

But the process you described went one further than I knew, the output in the local tz. Thanks for that.