Issues with restoring

From: "beer" <beer(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issues with restoring
Date: 2006-03-27 21:03:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Folx!

We are running into a problem that I wanted to run by the group before I report it as a bug.

We have a medium sized database that when dumped creates +4G files within the tar archive. When we restore it seems that pg_restore has a 4G limit for reading files, once it reads 4G of a file, it moves on to the next file. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a documented way for mitigating this issue that I have not found? Is this a bug or are we doing something incorrectly to cause this? It seems to me if pg_restore has a hard limit of 4G filesize then pg_dump should have the same limit.

TIA

-bill