Re: Any way to see what queries are currently running?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: adey <adey11(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Any way to see what queries are currently running?
Date: 2005-08-16 04:35:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

adey <adey11(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> You could try the following query after enabling the
> stats_command_string parameter in the postgresql.conf file:-

The pg_stat_activity mechanism *does* have a limit on the query
string length it can display, and if memory serves that limit was
not large in 7.3.* --- I'm thinking 256 bytes.

However, the postmaster log doesn't have any hard limit that I'm
aware of, so it seems like Chris' original approach should work.