Proposed Patchs

From: "Thomas Sondag" <thomas(dot)sondag(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Proposed Patchs
Date: 2006-05-24 16:28:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

With PostgreSQL 8.1 and new ROLE object remplacing traditional
USER/GROUP, I was a bit confuse using the dlgProperty and
dlgSecurityProperty dialog because I can only select USER (ROLE with
LOGIN privilege) for owner and GROUP (ROLE without LOGIN privilege)
for privileges .
And I not sure this comportment can match all PostgreSQL 8.1 usages
scenarios (like one of my case).

This proposed patch :
- change owner and privilege list to get the full ROLE list.
- select by default currently connected ROLE in the owner list
(replacing the blank filed) for new object creation
- remove pg_global in the available tablespace list
- select current user default tablespace in tablespace list
(replacing the blank filed, yes I don't like blank field) for new
object creation

It's not fully finish yet, I have one or two bug in mind, but it's
usable if you want to test it, I post it to know your opinion about
it, know if go to the wrong way.

Does it make sense to replace user and group tree by a role tree if
your are connected to a PostgreSQL server version 8.1 ?

Comments are welcomes.

Thomas

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin.patch text/x-diff 10.6 KB