Re: Help setting up warm standby replication

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nico Sabbi <nsabbi(at)officinedigitali(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help setting up warm standby replication
Date: 2007-04-14 22:09:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Nico Sabbi <nsabbi(at)officinedigitali(dot)it> writes:
> To begin with I followed the example of the docs: in the recovery.conf
> file of the
> slave instance I set

> restore_command = 'cp -av /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/%f %p'

Hm, it looks like you are trying to copy xlog segments straight from the
pg_xlog directory of the master? That's not going to work, because the
master will rename/overwrite those files as soon as it thinks it's done
with them. You need to have an archive_command on the master that is
really truly copying the data to somewhere else, and then the
restore_command should copy from the somewhere else.