Re: postgres process got stuck in "notify interrupt waiting" status

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsaloli(dot)tech(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
Subject: Re: postgres process got stuck in "notify interrupt waiting" status
Date: 2012-09-05 17:03:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsaloli(dot)tech(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> So how about that this process that was in "notify interrupt waiting
> waiting" status after I SIGTERM'ed it. Is the double "waiting"
> expected?

That sounded a bit fishy to me too. But unless you can reproduce it in
something newer than 8.4.x, nobody's likely to take much of an interest.
The LISTEN/NOTIFY infrastructure got completely rewritten in 9.0, so
any bugs in the legacy version are probably just going to get benign
neglect at this point ... especially if we don't know how to reproduce
them.