Re: pgsql-server/src/port Makefile

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src/port Makefile
Date: 2003-10-27 07:24:54
Lists: pgsql-committers

petere(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org (Peter Eisentraut - PostgreSQL) writes:
> Modified files:
> src/port : Makefile
> Log message:
> Use AROPT, not hard-coded flags.

This patch broke the Darwin port, and invalidated whatever port reports
we now have for platforms where AROPT isn't "crs" (which includes all
the BSDen as well as a couple other platforms --- can any BSDers report
whether CVS tip still builds for them?). I suggest more prudence
about making portability-related fixes when we are hard upon a release.
Was there any reported bug that this actually fixed?