Re: SV: Refreshing materialized views

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Henrik Uggla <Henrik(dot)Uggla(at)kristianstad(dot)se>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SV: Refreshing materialized views
Date: 2017-11-28 15:18:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Henrik Uggla <Henrik(dot)Uggla(at)kristianstad(dot)se> writes:
> The underlying tables are foreign tables. The user has been mapped to a foreign user with select permission. I have no problem selecting from the foreign tables or the materialized views.

[ shrug... ] WFM; if I can select from the foreign table then I can make
a materialized view that selects from it, and that refreshes without
complaint. Admittedly, getting things set up to select from the foreign
table is trickier than it sounds: your local user needs SELECT on the
foreign table plus a mapping to some remote userid, and *on the remote
server* that remote userid needs SELECT on whatever the foreign table
is referencing. I'm guessing you messed up one of these components.