Re: "create implicit sequence" crashes postgres

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mike Williams <mike(dot)williams(at)comodo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "create implicit sequence" crashes postgres
Date: 2008-02-05 17:08:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Mike Williams <mike(dot)williams(at)comodo(dot)com> writes:
> On Tuesday 05 February 2008 11:04:07 Mike Williams wrote:
>> Compiling postgresql non-hardened allows me to create any table I like, and
>> throw a couple hundred meg of data and schema at it in one go.

> Seems to be a problem specific to stack smashing protection.

At this point I think you're dealing with a Gentoo-specific compiler bug.
You need to report it to the appropriate channels in that project.

You probably don't really want to hear this, but a lot of people around
here consider Gentoo a poor choice for running servers. That distro's
emphasis is on bleeding edge features/performance, which is an admirable
goal, but you pay a price in stability.