Re: Sometimes my mails don't make it to the mailing list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel(dot)westermann(at)dbi-services(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2022-05-31 18:01:12
Lists: pgsql-www

"Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel(dot)westermann(at)dbi-services(dot)com> writes:
> not sure if www is the correct list for this, but this is the second time a mail from me did not make it to the list. Do I need to change something or is there an issue with the mailing lists? The mail which is missing is below. The thread is this one: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/GV0P278MB041917EB3E2FE8704B5AE2C6D2DC9%40GV0P278MB0419.CHEP278.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

I received that here (via the list), and it's in the archives:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/GV0P278MB04195040552F6D771D1A6837D2DC9%40GV0P278MB0419.CHEP278.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

What it isn't is connected to the thread, and that seems to be
because it lacks any In-Reply-To: or References: header.
So the fault is in your mail sending program, or else you're
doing something that doesn't cue the program that it's a reply.