Re: invalid type internal size -1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: invalid type internal size -1
Date: 2004-05-14 15:31:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com> writes:
> create type email ( INPUT = email_in,
> OUTPUT = email_out,
> RECEIVE = email_recv,
> SEND = email_send,
> INTERNALLENGTH = VARIABLE,
> PASSEDBYVALUE = f,
> ALIGNMENT = int4 );

Oh, actually the problem is that PASSEDBYVALUE does not take an
argument, so you are declaring the thing as passed-by-value, which
is wrong. Leave out the PASSEDBYVALUE line altogether.

The CREATE TYPE parser should probably be tightened so it complains
about the above. I'll see what I can do about it.