MSSQL To PostgreSQL Via DTS

From: "Daniel Holm" <Daniel(dot)Holm(at)interworksinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MSSQL To PostgreSQL Via DTS
Date: 2006-03-07 16:29:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Does anyone have any advice on copying columns of data type text or
image from Microsoft SQL 2000 to Postgre? I have set the ODBC driver to
treat text as Long VarChar, and if I bump my max Long VarChar size up -
I get one of two errors:

MSSQL Error: Data for source column 1 ('textfield') is too large for the
specified buffer size.

or

MSSQL Error: Query-based insertion or updating of BLOB values is not
supported.

And I can't seem to make any sense of the cause of these errors. I sent
a previous request to this list last Thursday with some mylog dumps...
was wondering if there's anything more I can provide to this list to
help find a solution or lead to a possible bug.

Thanks,

Daniel Holm