Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start; otherwise OK

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: OpenMacNews <pgsql-general(dot)20(dot)openmacnews(at)spamgourmet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start; otherwise OK
Date: 2004-12-03 17:27:14
Lists: pgsql-general

OpenMacNews <pgsql-general(dot)20(dot)openmacnews(at)spamgourmet(dot)com> writes:
> i've a new install of pgsql8b5 running on OSX 10.3.6.
> however, if i place an identical startup string in my OSX's StartupItem for
> pgsql & reboot, pgsql does not start on boot.

I was trying to reproduce this on my own machine, but couldn't get out
of the starting gate. I put an executable shell script into
"/System Folder/Startup Items", but I couldn't see any evidence that the
system paid any attention to it at all. Exactly what are you doing to
tell OSX to run a bit of shell script at boot time?