Re: ORDER BY using index, tsearch2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Janek Sendrowski" <janek12(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ORDER BY using index, tsearch2
Date: 2013-12-12 03:57:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

"Janek Sendrowski" <janek12(at)web(dot)de> writes:
> Sorry, I still wanted to add following link: http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/Full-text%20search%20in%20PostgreSQL%20in%20milliseconds-extended-version.pdf

Oh ... well, that's not Postgres documentation; that's Oleg and Alexander
giving a paper about some research work that they're doing. Which is
still unfinished as far as I know; it certainly hasn't been committed
to community source code. (I'm not sure if the GIN improvements being
worked on in the current release cycle are the same thing described in
this paper, but in any case they're not committed yet.)