Re: i have a problem of privilages

From: "MJ Santhosh" <mjsanthosh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Penchalaiah P(dot)" <penchalaiahp(at)infics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: i have a problem of privilages
Date: 2006-07-04 12:31:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am not an expert in postgres, may this work for you.

REVOKE INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON ALL from PUBLIC;

it will take the INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE permmission from all users for all
objects in the database.

If you want to give permission for a specific user on all objects

GRANT ALL on ALL to <user_name>;

Please make a backup before doing this , good for always
I am not sure is this is want you want.

On 7/4/06, Penchalaiah P. <penchalaiahp(at)infics(dot)com> wrote:

> I have 290 tables .. to these tables one schema is there .. that name is
> public….so I don't know how to create permission to these tables.. either I
> have to give permissions to individual table.. or I have to give permissions
> to schema or schema name… if I give permission to schema it has to
> applicable to all tables..
>

> I created one user with password… then finally I don't know how to
> allocate permission to him.. please tell me very briefly step by step.. then
> I can understand…
>
> Please tell me if any one knows about this……..

it is your attitude, and not the aptitude, that determines your altitude.