Re: adduser is missing --system

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, jens(at)wilke(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: adduser is missing --system
Date: 2017-09-28 03:57:05
Lists: pgsql-docs

I wrote:
> The issue might be moot as of v10 anyway, because of this other commit:

Ah, scratch that, I'd forgotten the discussion here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/32387.1481079186%40sss.pgh.pa.us

The switch to unnamed POSIX semaphores will help, but it's not a complete
fix because default-configured systemd will still break DSM usage. In
practice I think that means that parallel queries launching at the same
moment you log out will fail. That's way more survivable than the
semaphores going away, but it's still not very nice.