Re: Trigger won't execute when using sp with input parameters

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Erik Dahlstrand <df03daer(at)ing(dot)hj(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger won't execute when using sp with input parameters
Date: 2005-04-09 15:59:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

Erik Dahlstrand <df03daer(at)ing(dot)hj(dot)se> writes:
> When using an ''INSER INTO' SQL statement the trigger is executing fine.
> Also a stored procedure with "hard coded" values will fire the trigger.
> But when using input parameters (and a output parameter) the trigger
> won't execute.

That's really, really hard to believe --- and if it were true it would
be a critical bug. Can you provide a complete, self-contained example
that makes this happen? I can't reproduce it with what you gave, since
the insert_object() function doesn't work at all --- it looks like you
stripped out chunks of code. A SQL script that creates the tables,
the function, and causes the failure from a standing start is the best
way to demonstrate such problems.