Re: Cache lookup failed?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jeff Boes" <jboes(at)nexcerpt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cache lookup failed?
Date: 2003-08-18 13:53:23
Lists: pgsql-general

"Jeff Boes" <jboes(at)nexcerpt(dot)com> writes:
> What might be the source of this error?
> Cache lookup failed for relation 188485009
> We've been getting these at odd intervals, and they are not reproducible.

Always the same OID, or different ones? Does that OID actually exist in
pg_class? Can you tell us exactly what SQL command(s) are producing the
error? (If not, better turn on query logging so you can find out.)

> Our setup:
> PostgreSQL 7.3.3

BTW, I'd urge updating to 7.3.4 ASAP. Better to do it in a controlled
fashion than to find yourself looking at a forced update if 7.3.3 fails
to restart after a crash...