Re: Bogus bind() warnings

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bogus bind() warnings
Date: 2003-11-06 20:31:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I don't understand this business, but if it helps, below is my ifconfig
> output.

Hmm, you have a bunch of addresses don't you? It looks like we should
have included more information in the report of bind failures, like
exactly which address failed. Can you step through StreamServerPort,
or perhaps just strace postmaster startup, to observe the sequence of
bind() calls? It would be useful to know which addresses have already
been bound and which one is failing.