Re: Trouble installing PostGIS on Amazon Linux server

From: Chris Mair <chris(at)1006(dot)org>
To: Augori <augori(at)gmail(dot)com>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble installing PostGIS on Amazon Linux server
Date: 2016-02-15 22:02:22
Lists: pgsql-general

> I was told that "The amazon linux is compatible with Centos 6.x". Does that correspond to RHEL 6? Is there a command I could use to find out?

Not quite.

Amazon Linux is RHEl/CentOS/Fedora derived, but it's not based on exactly RHEl/CentOS 6 or
exactly RHEl/CentOS 7.

This is its current libpoppler:

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib64/libpoppler.so.37
poppler-0.22.5-6.15.amzn1.x86_64

I don't know if this is an option to you, but CentOS 6 is available as an AMI on AWS,
so you could directly run that? Also AWS offers RDBMS as a service and they do have
PostgreSQL + PostGIS in their offerings (see "RDS").

Bye,
Chris.