Re: Restore from pg_dumpall

From: "Buorn, Yoway" <Yoway(dot)Buorn(at)gd-ais(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore from pg_dumpall
Date: 2005-08-08 17:41:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

>From: Jeff Frost [mailto:jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com]
>What are you upgrading from/to? Can you share your dump and restore
command line as well?

I am upgrading from Gforge 3.0b1 to Gforge 4.5.0.1.

Unfortunately, I don't have the dump and restore in my buffer, but I ran
"pg_dumpall > backup.dump" and then I tried to upgrade Gforge and I got
errors, so I freaked out and decided to restore before trying again. I
then ran "pg_restore -c backup.dump" and it told me the file wasn't an
archive so it wouldn't restore.

>From: Tom Lane
>Nothing ... in any PG version newer than 7.3 or so. Are you trying to
back-port a dump into an older
>server version, and if so why?

I don't think I'm back-porting a dump. I don't even know what that
means exactly. All I want to do is upgrade to Gforge 4.5.0.1. However,
I *feel* I jacked up the DB in the process, so now I just want to
restore from my dump and then try upgrading again. Thanks for all your
help guys.