AW: [HACKERS] Call for updates!

From: ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5 <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'Thomas Lockhart'" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] Call for updates!
Date: 1999-05-26 10:02:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include
> references to v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b
> has been tested.

Current CVS (after pgindent) compiles and regresses ok on AIX 4.3.2
using the IBM compiler. It has the following problems:
1. AIX has int8,int16,int32,int64 in /usr/include/inttypes.h
--> configure fails to find snprintf support for int8 (because it
includes stdio.h)
I feel this is an IBM problem. I changed my inttypes.h
2. No AIX in Makefile.shlib --> plpgsql.so is not built / no rule.
a number of other platforms are also missing there
a working rule is often in Makefile.port, but only for a single
object
not multiple, which plpgsql has.
The single object rule in Makefile.aix can be used to make a
plpgsql.so
from libplpgsql.a. I built it manually.
3. libpq++ does not work because xlC does not have the string type/class ?

Andreas