AW: [HACKERS] cvs 6.5 regression tests on Linux x86

From: ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5 <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] cvs 6.5 regression tests on Linux x86
Date: 1999-05-07 08:43:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> diff results/triggers.out expected/triggers.out
> 39d38
> < ERROR: check_primary_key: even number of arguments should be specified
> 41d39
> < ERROR: check_primary_key: even number of arguments should be specified

Somebody submitted a patch to refint.c, that was only intended as an idea.
I would like to see this patch to check_primary_key(...) reverted, since it:
1. does not give a correct ERROR message (coding error)
2. supplies funktionality, that is rather obscure
(it triggers an insert into a primary table on an insert to a
foreign key table that
would otherwise violate the foreign key constraint)
3. busted the regression test

If you need more info on this issue feel free to ask.
Andreas