ODBC and JDBC setup

From: "Huynh, Long" <Lhuynh(at)USFreightways(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC and JDBC setup
Date: 1999-12-06 16:20:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I had Mandrake 6.1 (from RedHat) installed Postgresql on my PC
automatically. I have several newbie questions, if all these are provided
in the doc, please show me where.

1) How do I test to see if it's installed correctly?
2) Do I need to install ODBC and JDBC separately? If so, how?
3) Once I have installed the ODBC and JDBC on the Linux box, do I need to
install Samba in order for PCs with Windows 9x and NT to connect?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Long