RE: Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows

From: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "'Thomas G(dot) Lockhart'" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows
Date: 1999-01-07 11:17:20
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

> (back on-list)
Ok :-)

> > I'm going to try to whip up some precompiled binaries for it too,
> > tomorrow. Perhaps we should put a blurb in about that?
>
> Yes. Here is the modified file back (note the minor name
> change) if you
> want to mention it in there. Byron has some compiled binaries
> for Win32
> ODBC, and I might post compiled binaries for Linux ODBC, so we should
> figure out where to put these kinds of binaries. There probably should
> be a win32 directory of some sort on the ftp site.
There is a /pub/non-unix on the ftp server, which now only contains "os2".
Perhaps create a subdir for "win32" in there, or something?
I'll be working on the binaries soon. Where should I put them once done?
Mail to you, or somebody? Can't find any incoming directory on the ftp...
No idea to put in anything in the docs before we can say where it is
located...

//Magnus