Re: problem connecting from another host

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Frank Miles <fpm(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem connecting from another host
Date: 2001-06-14 20:10:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Frank Miles <fpm(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu> writes:
> Mystery solved. As originally expected, something *stupid*. It turns
> out that postgres was reading the pg_hba.conf in /opt/pgsql/data/; I
> was editing (and expecting postgres to read) the file in /etc/postgresql.

Ouch. Now that I think about it, you're not the first person to make
this type of error. Seems like it might be a good idea if at
sufficiently high -d levels, the postmaster would spit out to its log
every line read from the config file(s). That would give some way of
detecting that the Wrong Thing is happening. Comments? Does anyone
have a better idea?